Compiled by actual OSHA inspectors and other leading experts in the occupational safety and
health field, the Pennsylvania Chamber's OSHA Handbook Sixth Edition is a
step-by-step comprehensive working resource for the standards most cited by OSHA under General
Industry. The Handbook contains the latest requirements and clear explanations
with plenty of examples to keep your employees safe, and is specifically designed to help
reduce the potential for higher fines and penalties when your company is inspected by OSHA.
The OSHA Handbook Sixth Edition is totally re-organized, making it easier
and faster for you to find the information you need. An all-encompassing OSHA encyclopedia
for General Industry, the Handbook is a daily reference guide for workplace
safety managers with easy-to-understand descriptions to make your job easier. Comprehensive
self-audits and the same checklist that OSHA inspectors use help you analyze your own
facility to discover and improve any weaknesses before an inspection occurs.
- Completely revised and updated to include the most recent changes to the
federal occupational safety and health laws and regulations
- Complying with the 10 most cited OSHA standards
- Lockout/Tagout and Electrical Safety-totally updated with new informational charts
- HAZWOPER-new section with compliance checklists on emergency response, heat stress,
decontamination, handling of drums and containers and more; OSHA's new inspection guidelines.
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts)-includes new checklist for operator safety
- Significant new compliance information on HazComm, Occupational Noise, Ergonomics and
- Disease Transmission in the Workplace-significant changes include steps employers
should take in the event of an influenza pandemic
- Updated chapter on OSHA Inspections includes thorough health and safety audit checklist
- Latest OSHA federal and Pennsylvania contact information
- More than 590 pages!
Every chapter has been completely revised and updated:
Establishing A Safety and Health Program with information for small businesses; Inspections; Powered
Industrial Trucks; Confined Space Entry; Establishing an Injury/Illness Record Keeping and Reporting
System; Lockout/Tagout; Electrical Safety; Occupational Noise Exposure; HAZWOPER compliance;
Respiratory Protection; and Ergonomics.